[Piuparts-devel] Adduser, salsa job #3066288

Marc Haber mh+debian-packages at zugschlus.de
Wed Aug 3 14:51:57 BST 2022

[Please keep me on Cc, I am not subscribed]

Hi,

adduser on salsa is failing piuparts, see #3066288
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/adduser/-/jobs/3066288

The errors are:

0m17.3s ERROR: FAIL: After purging files have been modified:
  /etc/adduser.conf	 owned by: adduser
  /etc/adduser.conf.dpkg-save	 not owned
  /var/lib/dpkg/info/adduser.list	 not owned

Questions:

(1)
in the log, I don't see the package being purged at all, how is the
purge invoked?

(2)
postrmi purge in the tested branch explicitly deletes adduser.conf and
adduser.conf.dpkg-save. purging the package after install in a normal
system (--force-depends needed, since the whole world depends on
adduser) actually shows those files being absent. Could this be a bug in
piuparts because dpkg really needs to be convinced to proceed with the
purge?

(3)
/var/lib/dpkg/info/adduser.list is dpkg's domain, isn't it? What am I
supposed to do with that file?

Greetings
Marc