Bug#1149227: orca doesn't work properly with icon view in file managers like caja and nemo
Jordan Livesey
jordanlivesey9 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:24:50 BST 2026
That’s fine, in the mean time, I’ll keep tracking new versions accordingly
> On 28 Sep 2026, at 17:23, Samuel Thibault <sthibault at debian.org> wrote:
>
> Control: forwarded -1 https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/-/work_items/753
>
> Hello,
>
> moashy mango wrote:
>> I hace noticed an issue with orca that effects nemo and caja as far as I have tested.
>
> I have forwarded the report to upstream, where the discussion needs to
> take place rather than in Debian:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/-/work_items/753
>
> With regards,
> Samuel
>
>
>> when in icon view, orca will not read the file list when you use left and right to navigate. this also effects caja since when you press alt control d orca will not read the desktop or tell you you are on the desktop.
>> *** Reporter, please consider answering these questions, where appropriate ***
>>
>> * What led up to the situation?
>> * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
>> ineffective)?
>> * What was the outcome of this action?
>> * What outcome did you expect instead?
>> I pressed alt control d when logging in. orca should say desktop. icon view, instead, orca did not say that so users like myself don't even know they can navigate their files in the first place unless they switch to list view, but you can't have the desktop in list view
>> *** End of the template - remove these template lines ***
More information about the Pkg-a11y-devel
mailing list