[Pkg-acpi-devel] Bug#507031: Bug#507031: no resume after suspend
meskes at debian.org
Sat Nov 29 16:18:12 UTC 2008
> I restarted acpid. No difference when suspend-resume is concerned. Works
> perfectly. Something else is involved. I looked at the changes text in the
> -16 update and found that the changes might have being broader than you had
There are more changes, sure, but they cannot have any influence on this, at
least I cannot imagine how. Let's see:
* Reword hints in /etc/default/acpid; suggested by Julien Blache.
Just a comment.
* Drop bogus space in modules.dep causing modules without dependencies to
not be loaded for MODULES="all".
Makes it load more modules rather than less.
* Check for read permissions on the defaults file before attempting to
If the read permission wasn't there before, you have gotten an error message.
* Don't load any module (MODULES default to empty string) when the default
file doesn't exist or doesn't specify MODULES.
MODULES was set in -15 and in your -16 test.
* Ignore the result of load_modules.
Otherwise it would error out.
* Unset MODPROBE_OPTIONS to work around a bug in initramfs which leaks this
env var Launchpad #291619 and a bug in modprobe --all --quiet which
doesn't load all modules and exits with non-zero exit status
Debian.org #504088; thanks Derrick Karpo and Julien Blache;
Again, a possibility to load more modules than in -15.
* Make sure there is no link created in runlevel 0 and 6 to stop acpid.
Just executed when acpid is stopped.
* Remove old links in runlevel 0 and 6, closes: #502613.
Only relevant when changing runlevels.
* Comment out MODULES setting in default file, so no module is loaded per
That's what we tested.
This looks strange to me.
Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De, Michael at Meskes dot (De|Com|Net|Org)
Michael at BorussiaFan dot De, Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes at jabber.org
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!
More information about the Pkg-acpi-devel