[pkg-bacula-devel] New Upstream 17.0.0

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Tue Sep 15 20:52:25 BST 2026


Hi!

I imported the new upstream, fuzzed about with the patches.

Two things remain:

1) DB update/install scripts. I _tried_ to understand how it works now 
and I _tried_ to remember what we/Carsten did the last time, but I 
failed utterly.

2) OpenSSL 4.0 compatibility

There is a new "get-os" utility that is also used via the protocol and 
expected in the path, so it is currently installed via bacula-common in 
/usr/sbin/get-os, but the rather generic name gives me pause.

It should be in /usr/libexec/bacula, IMHO.

I use dh-exec to rename bacula-bat on installation time, as that seems 
way less brittle than trying to fiddle with the upstream build-system or 
manually renaming the file via debian/rules. And we already depend on 
dh-exec, so no additional B-D was added.

Grüße,
Sven.



More information about the pkg-bacula-devel mailing list