[Bug 87353] Re: client outdated
tom at chaos2.dtdns.net
Sat Jun 2 19:49:05 UTC 2007
since I only use the "plain client" without manager, the following
procedure worked for me (probably very unprofessional, but I wanted the
(prerequisite: BOINC was normally installed via apt-get/aptitude and is
- stop boinc
- download the actual linux/x86 version [url]http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php[/url]
because the "recommended version" without GUI is too old also, I tried the actual beta (5.10.0) - so far it's working fine.
- execute the downloaded file, this creates a folder "BOINC" in the current directory
- rename or move (or if you're really sure delete) "boinc", "boinc_cmd" and "boinc_client" from /usr/bin
- copy "boinc" and "boinc_cmd" from BOINC-folder to /usr/bin
- create a symlink named "boinc_client" pointing to "boinc"
- copy "ca-bundle.crt" to /var/lib/boinc-client
dont't forget the last step, otherwise connections to the project servers will fail!
- restart boinc
the other files in the BOINC folder seem to belong to the manager, so I
don't need them.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Debian
BOINC Maintainers, which is a bug contact for boinc in ubuntu.
More information about the pkg-boinc-devel