[Pkg-citadel-devel] Bug#862296: Install hangs in postinst with error about c_Default_cal_zone
hruodr at gmail.com
Tue May 21 12:34:51 BST 2019
I wonder why this bug is there till now.
I have almost no experience with debian, and absolutely no idea of
citadel, but I suspect what is the cuase why it hangs.
I did manage to install the package with the following steps:
(1) I have to xterms with ssh to the server
(2) run in one of them: apt-get install citadel-server
(3) wait until in hangs
(4) run in the other: sendcommand "CONF PUTVAL|c_default_cal_zone|UTC"
(5) Search with "ps ax | grep citadel" the PID of
(6) run: kill PID -- the above process, the hanging proces
(7) run: /usr/lib/citadel-server/setup
The last program is interactive. The quiet version "setup -q" ist
probably run in a script that make errors filling values.
I discovered this after interrupting apt-get many times and
braking it, and each time making strange things to make apt-get
work again, until I discovered this solution. After this short
experience with debian I am waging to install other OS.
More information about the Pkg-citadel-devel