[Pkg-clamav-devel] Should we try to get 0.94.dfsg.2-1 into lenny?

Stephen Gran sgran at debian.org
Sun Dec 7 21:54:56 UTC 2008

This one time, at band camp, Michael Tautschnig said:
> > > Hmm, could it be that it will work out through
> > > stable-proposed-updates? I'm not sure whether the SRMs will accept
> > > such large updates, though. Does one of the more experienced DDs
> > > have an idea about this?
> > 
> > We have yet to do it, sadly.  There was a proposal for rolling up
> > volatile updates into things like etch and a half, but I don't think
> > that happened, and I'm not sure what the consensus was on that
> > experiment in the end.
> > 
> > I think it would be worthwhile having that discussion on
> > debian-release, where people with more experience with the release
> > process could contribute.
> Should we initiate that discussion post-lenny, or would you recommend
> doing so right away?

I don't think the discussion is time sensitive.  We tried new things
with etch after the release, so we can probably try new things with
lenny after it releases.

That being said, at least chatting with the SRMs ahead of time to see
what they think of the idea seems like a good plan.  That doesn't need
to wait for things to settle down.

|   ,''`.                                            Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :                                        sgran at debian.org |
|  `. `'                        Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-                                     http://www.debian.org |
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-clamav-devel/attachments/20081207/f679009a/attachment.pgp 

More information about the Pkg-clamav-devel mailing list