[Pkg-emacsen-addons] Bug#899212: Exclusively use Python 3 deps and configure the use of python3 by default
Nicholas D Steeves
nsteeves at gmail.com
Sun May 20 22:58:42 BST 2018
This bug tracks the long/medium-term goal to installing only Python 3
dependencies for Elpy. Steps of the transition:
1. Configure dh-elpa to `setq elpy-rpc-python-command "python3"`
- Needed to run self-tests using the Python 3 variants of dependencies.
2. Debug failures, and work with upstream, forwarding patches whenever possible.
3. Add a Debian-specific patch to do #1 automatically in the installed package.
- At present this must be manually configured, or virtualenvs must be used
4. Finally, drop Python 2 dependencies. Definitely drop them from Build-Depends.
|| retain them as Recommends or Suggests for elpa-elpy?
Please comment, especially on what you'd like to see for #4!
More information about the Pkg-emacsen-addons