[Pkg-exim4-users] Please test exim4 4.67-2 from experimental
mh+pkg-exim4-users at zugschlus.de
Thu Jun 14 13:28:10 UTC 2007
I have uploaded exim4 4.67-2 to experimental. Lots of changes and
improvements. Quite some changes have gone into the Debconf stuff
(for example, the split/unsplit config question is not asked first any
more), and into update-exim4.conf (including input sanitazion,
transformation of input to lower case, and getting rid of the
DEBCONFsomethingDEBCONF stuff in the configuration).
I'd like you to test the experimental package before I upload to
unstable (probably on sunday). Please report your findings.
exim4 (4.67-2) experimental; urgency=low
* finally get rid of the DEBCONFfooDEBCONF stuff. That information
is now passed to the configuration by ue4c by directly setting exim
macros in the configuration. This has caused both the configuration
and ue4c to be much shorter.
* run with -e, -C and -u.
* convert input read from update-exim4.conf.conf to lower case
* barf if strange characters are found in ue4cc. Closes: #400294
* Remove superfluous "x$foo" = "xbar" constructs from scripts
* Add routers to reject mail to accounts with low UID.
* Make daily cron job barf if /usr/bin/mail is not found. Have
exim4-base recommend mailx. Closes: #427960
* Have all -daemon packages provide exim4-localscanapi-1.0 and
exim4-localscanapi-1.1 as requested by Magnus Holmgren while fixing
#426425. Also include exim4-localscan-plugin-config script with
exim4-dev. Thanks to Magnus for helping with this. Closes: #428274
* remove /etc/exim4/email-addresses symlink and document this.
Thanks to Josip Rodin. Closes: #420578
* introduce conf.d/250_exim4-config_lowuid which optionally allows
to reject (or alias away) mail to low-uid accounts that are not
listed in an exception list. Thanks to Dominic Hargreaves,
Marc Sherman and Ross Boylan. Closes: #400790, #307768, #331716
* remove versioned depends on cron, since the version we need is
well before sarge.
* Add cron | fcron dependency. Fcron is going to be removed again
at the first sign of trouble. Closes: #381806
* remove move_exim3_spool debconf template. Closes: #391762
* replace openssl gendh with openssl dhparam. Closes: #413235
* adapt docs, README and manpages
* have Hilko fix the lynx-dump postprocessing to repair generating
README.Debian text version. Thanks!
* increase README.Debian generation robustness. Thanks to Hilko.
* Partly apply Christian Perrier's patch for reviewed
templates and control file. Closes: #426980
* Other minor template changes.
* get rid of "mails" in debconf templates, use "messages" instead.
Re-word local_interface debconf template. Other minor changes.
Thanks to Jens Seidel and Christian Perrrier. Closes: #394976
* re-work exim4-config.config logic to have split/non-split config
asked last instead of first. This partly addresses #410756.
* Add exim4-daemon-heavy.templates, exim4-daemon-light.templates
and exim4.templates to POTFILES.in
* Re-Word dc_other_hostnames debconf template.
Thanks to Hans G. Ehrbar. Closes: #421860
* translation updates:
- Ukrainian. Closes: #427793
- Traditional Chinese. Closes: #428072, #428069.
- Simplified Chinese. Closes: #428072, #428069.
-- Marc Haber <mh+debian-packages at zugschlus.de> Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:00:38 +020
Marc Haber | "I don't trust Computers. They | Mailadresse im Header
Mannheim, Germany | lose things." Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 621 72739834
Nordisch by Nature | How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190
More information about the Pkg-exim4-users