[Pkg-exim4-users] Recipient black list not working
marcel_exim4 at datkan.net
Sun Feb 15 23:17:40 UTC 2009
I just upgraded my system from etch to lenny. Since I did not properly
upgrade my configuration earlier, exim-config continued to refuse to
work with my current configuration. Therefor I wiped out my current exim
config and I'm back at the default lenny exim config.
What I used to have, and what I want again, is recipient blacklisting. I
tried the steps below and they don't work (i.e. email to blacklisted
addresses are accepted).
This is what I did:
1. I'm choose for split configuration files
2. I created the file: /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/10_local_macros_marcel
with the following content:
CHECK_RCPT_LOCAL_ACL_FILE = /etc/exim4/acl.local
CHECK_RCPT_VERIFY_SENDER = TRUE
CHECK_RCPT_IP_DNSBLS = sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
3. I created a file: /etc/exim4/acl.local with the following content:
log_message = match recipients_drop.list.
recipients = /etc/exim4/recipients_drop.list
4. I assume the code above is called from
/etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/30_exim4-config_check_rcpt where it says:
# This hook allows you to hook in your own ACLs without having to
# modify this file. If you do it like we suggest, you'll end up with
# a small performance penalty since there is an additional file being
# accessed. This doesn't happen if you leave the macro unset.
5. I created a file: /etc/exim4/recipients_drop.list which contains a
list a black listed email addresses.
6. I do: sudo invoke-rc.d exim4 restart
7. I send a mail to a black listed address and it is delivered :-(
What am I doing wrong? A similar setup was working in etch using
More information about the Pkg-exim4-users