[Pkg-fonts-devel] Bug#567806: Is Liberation Mono really monospace?
bug-reporting at serenareem.net
Sun Jan 31 14:31:52 UTC 2010
Debian system: testing
There is something wrong with Liberation Mono font as if it isn't monospace.
To see the problem you can:
1. open konsole
odi gasdo igj[do gjdogj dlogkdlfgkd;flgkdn;fglkdg;lkds oidfsn g~c
3. place the cursor to the end of this line
4. change you konsole font to Liberation Mono (don't need to apply, preview is enough).
Cursor will "eat" the last letter.
It does not seem to be konsole only bug as I tried to write some GUI with
1. There is a slider and a label with Liberation mono font within a layout.
2. When you move this slider label text changes from 0:00 to 1:30 (1s at a time)
3. As a result slider's width changes a little* even though label uses this fixed width font
as if it is not fixed width at all.
* layout auto-accomodate it's children for changes.
All this didn't happened some time ago until the ttf-liberation and some font-related updates.
Maybe it's not the font but the underlying font subsystem (whatever it may be), I'm not sure.
More information about the Pkg-fonts-devel