[Pkg-fonts-devel] (forw) Reminder: DebConf11 sponsorship/paper deadline 8 May
Daniel Kahn Gillmor
dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu May 5 13:10:52 UTC 2011
On 05/05/2011 12:02 AM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Folks, I roughly intend to propose something for Debconf 11 about
> packaging fonts in Debian. Ideas are not clear yet and it's very
> likely that I cook up something *very* simple, just as a "state of the
> art" talk abou twhat we're doing right now.
Christian, this is a great idea. thanks for doing this.
Some thoughts about (sub)topics that come up regularly here that might
be interesting to discuss or present in person:
* The naming (ttf- to font-) transition -- what DDs should expect
* The deprecation (removal?) of defoma
* Documenting debian fonts policy (with Rogerio?) -- this could even be
* Font Licensing -- practices to advocate upstream, gotchas to watch
* Building fonts from source -- when, why, and how it can be problematic
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1030 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Pkg-fonts-devel