[Pkg-fonts-devel] [announcement] Code2000 font switched license from shareware to GPLv3+FE || OFL
pabs at debian.org
Sat Feb 4 11:06:38 UTC 2012
Great news! The author of the Code2000 pan-Unicode font has recently
switched the font to being licensed under the GNU GPLv3. During the
discussions where I attempted to verify the license and get commit
access to the project, James granted dual licensing under the GPLv3+FE
and the SIL OFL. Unfortunately he wants to keep the code2000.sf.net
project as a historic and no-longer developed project and have us fork
the project, hosting it elsewhere.
My initial plans for the project are:
* pick a name for the fork, C2K was suggested during the
* pick a site for hosting the fork, add Thierry, myself and anyone
else who wants to join the project
* setup a git repository and import the current binary TTF release
* convert the binary TTF files into UFO format, which seems to be
a more cross-vendor format than SFD, commit that to git.
According to the current release, "All fonts are created from
scratch natively in TTF format inside FontCreator 6.0".
* cleanup and add documentation about the licensing
* package it for Debian and encourage other distros to package it
* blog about the freeing of the font and get that on LWN/etc
* look for contributors and watch for bug reports
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Pkg-fonts-devel