[Pkg-fonts-devel] fontforge packaging in git: caveats, instructions, good news, and next steps

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Mar 12 03:34:02 UTC 2012

On 03/11/2012 01:27 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>   * i'm not sure which of our outstanding crash bugs should be considered
>     fixed by this version; Can someone review and report back?

i've just done a brief review -- i think #656443 (crash on expand 
stroke) is the only fix that is handled directly by the upstream 
"release"; i've marked it as such in the changelog in git.

>   * Upload to unstable or experimental?

I've just used the git packaging of the upstream version to build a new 
version of my handwriting font.  It seems to work fine.  I'd like to 
upload it to the archive for wider testing, but i'd be happy to wait if 
other folks want to build it and try it out locally first, or try to 
resolve any of the caveats i mentioned.

What do you think?  should i upload?  if so, to which archive (unstable 
or experimental)?

>   * Review of patchsets we're carrying -- can some of them be pushed
>     upstream to reduce our divergence?

i just pushed one of our patches (902_fix_optipng_reads.diff) to the 
upstream mailing list [0].  i'm not sure how many of the others belong 
upstream.  Anyone else see any obvious upstream fixes?


[0] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28966553 
(bizarrely, sourceforge's webview doesn't show the attached patch)

More information about the Pkg-fonts-devel mailing list