[Pkg-fonts-devel] fontforge packaging in git: caveats, instructions, good news, and next steps

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Mar 13 15:58:52 UTC 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:34:02 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> On 03/11/2012 01:27 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> >   * Upload to unstable or experimental?
> I've just used the git packaging of the upstream version to build a new 
> version of my handwriting font.  It seems to work fine.  I'd like to 
> upload it to the archive for wider testing, but i'd be happy to wait if 
> other folks want to build it and try it out locally first, or try to 
> resolve any of the caveats i mentioned.
> What do you think?  should i upload?  if so, to which archive (unstable 
> or experimental)?

Sorry to keep on replying to myself within this thread; if i hear no
objections in a couple days (or if i hear active encouragement from
other members of the team earlier), i plan to upload the new version of
fontforge (built from the git sources mentioned in this thread) to

Please try it out and speak up before then!

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 965 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fonts-devel/attachments/20120313/3bdf7e84/attachment.pgp>

More information about the Pkg-fonts-devel mailing list