[Pkg-fonts-devel] fontforge_20160404~dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED
vasudev at copyninja.info
Thu Jul 21 14:59:08 UTC 2016
Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> writes:
> Quoting Vasudev Kamath (2016-07-21 16:19:18)
>> Thorsten Alteholz <ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org> writes:
>>> can you please take care of all those lintian warnings like:
>>> W: fontforge source: file-without-copyright-information ...
>> There is no copyright on those files. So I've asked upstream to
>> clarify here ¹ and a related pull request is here ².
>> Earlier we asked upstream about the copyright related issue ³ and Dave
>> Crossland from upstream mentioned that copyright for these files can
>> be collectively referenced as "The Fontforge Authors", I could have
>> added a wild card catch all with this information but that does not
>> feel right because its job of author to assign copyright and not of
>> the packager.
>> So in short the issue is already notified to upstream and all these
>> files are collectively licensed as GPL-3 and copyrighted collectively
>> as "The Fontforge Authors".
> What Thorsten/ftp-masters request is to "take care of lintian warnings",
> not specifically that those files be treated as copyright-protected.
Aye understood. Thanks for clarification.
> Those lintian warnings are (roughly) that files distributed doesn't
> match files covered in debian/copyright.
> One way to "take care of it" is to override lintian.
> Another (better, IMO) approach is to list the files in debian/copyright
> - i.e. add one or more sections covering group(s) of files without
> copyright and licensing, with comments on why it is deemed legally ok
> for us to distribute anyway.
I think I will go with second approach and list down the files without
copyright information. Regarding Licensing can't we assign collective
>> Do the FTP Master still thinks its not correct to upload this package
>> till all copyrights are in place?.. (I'm not sure when that will
>> happen either).
> I believe in any case when a package is rejected it needs re-uploading.
> Instead of waiting for a response for ftpmaster (which in my experience
> can potentially take a while) I suggest simply go ahead and address
> their request as I interpret it above, and (if ftpmaster hasn't replied
> by then, instructing differently) simply upload that and see if they
> approve it.
Thanks. I will start working on this and upload as soon as its finished.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 818 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pkg-fonts-devel