[Pkg-fonts-devel] Bug#876439: fonttools: lost python2 module?
rene at debian.org
Fri Sep 22 10:49:31 UTC 2017
it looks like the "new" fonttools lost it's python2 module?
# dpkg -L fonttools | grep pyth | cut -d/ -f1-4 | sort | uniq
I don't see it mentioned in the changelog, though:
fonttools (3.15.1-2) unstable; urgency=medium
* Team upload.
* Upload to unstable
-- Hideki Yamane <henrich at debian.org> Sun, 03 Sep 2017 18:09:16 +0900
fonttools (3.15.1-1) experimental; urgency=medium
* Team upload.
* New upstream release (Closes: #872448)
- set debhelper (>= 10)
- adjust python build dependency
- add python-sphinx since upstream use rst files.
- set Debian Fonts Task Force as Maintainer
- set Standards-Version to 4.1.0
- update Homepage: (Closes: #838374)
- add Vcs-*
- add X-Python3-Version: >= 3.4
- set 10
- simplify it
- deal with upstream's change
- specify sphinx doc directory
- update it to include rst files
- unnecessary with upstream's change, drop it
- update to version4
- once drop it
- add 0001-add-module-path-for-automodule-directive.patch
- clean sphinx build files
-- Hideki Yamane <henrich at debian.org> Mon, 28 Aug 2017 20:38:26 +0900
That doesn't mention python2 removal Though
https://packages.debian.org/sid/fonttools has only python3'ish depends...
Was that change intended? Debian-only? Upstream? If yes, you might be able
to close it - as bad as it is.
That said, this change made graphite2 FTBFS in it's testsuite since
from fontTools.ttLib import TTFont
which of course then doesn't work anymore with "python". See
Shouldn't the python modules be split out to python-* and python-* packages?
That would make the support more clear. Or are they not supposed to be used
 actually https://packages.debian.org/sid/all/fonttools/filelist shows it,
but probably the filelists are not uptodate whereas the package overview is.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 8.9
APT prefers oldstable-updates
APT policy: (500, 'oldstable-updates'), (500, 'oldstable')
Architecture: armhf (armv7l)
Kernel: Linux 3.18.0-trunk-rpi2 (SMP w/4 CPU cores; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
More information about the Pkg-fonts-devel