Bug#990725: xdg-utils: suggestions for the packaging
nicolas at debian.org
Mon Jul 5 18:51:10 BST 2021
After the freeze, please consider the attached suggestions.
The commit changing autopkgtests requires further discussion.
* Is 'BASH_XTRACEFD=1;set -x' useful?
'./configure' is already quite verbose.
I suggest that 'echo' is sufficient to say which SHELL is tested.
* Are 'debian/tests/*' sometimes run manually (not by autopkgtest)?
New shells can be tested otherwise.
'make autotest SHELL=/bin/bashdb'
The requirement that test can run outside autopkgtest increases
their complexity, because they must reinvent autopkgtest. For
* they must check if AUTOPKGTEST_TMP is set
* else they must safely create a temporary directory
* and delete it after execution, failure or interruption
(it is also possible to allow rw-build-tree, but then other problems
occur, like the need for 'make clean')
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2934 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pkg-freedesktop-maintainers