Bug#509582: still puszed how a non maintainer handled the criticity while not responding to problem
joss at debian.org
Tue Dec 23 18:15:24 UTC 2008
Le mardi 23 décembre 2008 à 18:52 +0100, Eric Valette a écrit :
> Bug#509582: still puszed how a non maintainer handled the criticity
> while not responding to problem
1) I am one of the maintainers.
2) This bug is not critical. This severity means “breaks the whole
system” or “root security hole”. This bug:
* only occurs on systems with legacy locale settings
* doesn’t occur all the time, unless you are always using
* has an easy workaround: G_FILENAME_ENCODING=utf-8 (or just use a
working locale, damnit)
* doesn’t affect at all the rest of the system
* it *may* have a security impact, but very low, since you’d have
to convince the user to save a specially crafted filename and to
open it later.
3) Don’t play bug ping-pong with the maintainers if you don’t want to be
banned from the BTS.
4) Even less play bug ping-pong if you don’t know what severities mean.
5) If you really want to play bug ping-pong, at least learn how to do
6) Don’t treat maintainers like idiots if you want them to handle your
minor bug reports in the future.
: :' : We are debian.org. Lower your prices, surrender your code.
`. `' We will add your hardware and software distinctiveness to
`- our own. Resistance is futile.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-gnome-maintainers/attachments/20081223/ebf34660/attachment.pgp
More information about the pkg-gnome-maintainers