Bug#681687: Call for votes on evince MIME entry [and 5 more messages]
ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Aug 14 12:25:50 UTC 2012
reassign 681687 evince
tag 681687 - wontfix
Ian Jackson A B F
Russ Allbery B A F
Don Armstrong B A F
Bdale Garbee B A F
Steve Langasek B A F
Colin Watson B A F
B wins, defeating A by 5:1 and F by 6:0. The outcome was no longer in
doubt some time ago.
The TC has therefore passed the following resolution:
1. The Technical Committee agrees with Neil McGovern's analysis of
the situation regarding evince's missing mime type entry.
2. If changes are desirable to our system for dealing with mime
type entries and desktop files, including changes to policy or
additional automation, these should be made via the usual
development and policy amendment processes.
3. We defer to the Release Team's decision that it is now too late
to deploy such automation in wheezy.
4. We do not disagree with the Release Team's assessment that
the failure of the evince package to provide a mime type
entry is a release critical bug.
5. We therefore decline to overrule the Release Team. The bug
remains RC against evince.
6. The release team should clarify which mime types the RC-bugginess
applies to. We recommend that the starting point should be those
mime types advertised by evince via the mime system in squeeze.
I will send a message to debian-devel-announce.
More information about the pkg-gnome-maintainers