Bug#812987: gnome-shell-extensions: The "Applications menu" extension stopped workin witha recent (2016/01/27) update
emmanuel.charpentier at sap.aphp.fr
Thu Jan 28 11:16:03 UTC 2016
* What led up to the situation?
Updating (apt-get upate ; apt-get dist-upgrade -u -f ) my testing installation
After boot on 2016-01-28), I saw that the "Applicatins menu" item (top left
corner of the Gnome bar) had disappeared.
Qerying gnome-tweak tool showed tha the extensin was inactive and had a
"Danger" icon net to the "Remove" button.
* What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
- I tried to remove the extension : no visible effect.
- I tried the extension page on http://extensions.gnome.org : it displays an
"ERROR" icon on the left of the application image.
- I tried reinstalling gnome-shell-extension : no visible effect (even after
(fromp the console) I tried :
- stopping gnome (i. e. ending the session, then stopping gdm3)
- purging gnome-shell-extension (which also purged gnome and gnome-
- reinstalling gnome, gnome-core and gnome-shell-extensions
- restarting gdm3 and reopening a gnome session.
No visible effect.
* What was the outcome of this action?
No visible effect for any of these actions.
* What outcome did you expect instead?
The "Application menu" back where it belongs.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: stretch/sid
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (650, 'testing'), (500, 'testing-updates'), (500, 'testing-proposed-updates'), (60, 'unstable'), (55, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386
Kernel: Linux 4.3.0-1-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.utf8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
Versions of packages gnome-shell-extensions depends on:
ii dconf-gsettings-backend [gsettings-backend] 0.24.0-2
ii gir1.2-atk-1.0 2.18.0-1
ii gir1.2-clutter-1.0 1.24.2-1
ii gir1.2-gdkpixbuf-2.0 2.32.3-1
ii gir1.2-glib-2.0 1.46.0-3
ii gir1.2-gmenu-3.0 3.13.3-6
ii gir1.2-gtk-3.0 3.18.6-1
ii gir1.2-mutter-3.0 3.18.2-1
ii gir1.2-pango-1.0 1.38.1-1
ii gnome-session 18.104.22.168-1
ii gnome-shell 3.18.1-1
ii gvfs 1.26.2-1+b1
Versions of packages gnome-shell-extensions recommends:
ii gnome-tweak-tool 3.18.1-1
gnome-shell-extensions suggests no packages.
-- no debconf information
More information about the pkg-gnome-maintainers