Bug#1149573: impression: FTBFS: dependencies wrongly specified
Santiago Vila
sanvila at debian.org
Wed Sep 30 23:13:12 BST 2026
Package: src:impression
Version: 3.7.0-2
Severity: serious
Tags: ftbfs forky sid patch
Dear maintainer:
I know this is weird, but it is what it is.
Please try this on a chroot of unstable with the build-dependencies of
"impression" already installed:
apt-get source impression
cd impression-3.7.0
debian/rules clean
debian/rules build
and this is what happens:
[1/27] /usr/bin/blueprint-compiler batch-compile data/resources/. ../data/resources ../data/resources/blueprints/window.blp
[2/27] /usr/bin/glib-compile-resources ../data/resources/resources.gresource.xml --sourcedir /tmp/20260930/impression-3.7.0/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/data/resources --sourcedir data/resources --sourcedir ../data/resources --internal --generate --target data/resources/resources.gresource --dependency-file data/resources/resources.gresource.d
FAILED: [code=1] data/resources/resources.gresource
/usr/bin/glib-compile-resources ../data/resources/resources.gresource.xml --sourcedir /tmp/20260930/impression-3.7.0/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/data/resources --sourcedir data/resources --sourcedir ../data/resources --internal --generate --target data/resources/resources.gresource --dependency-file data/resources/resources.gresource.d
../data/resources/resources.gresource.xml: Failed to locate “../io.gitlab.adhami3310.Impression.metainfo.xml” in any source directory.
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
I already reported this upstream and this is the trivial patch, including an explanation:
https://gitlab.com/adhami3310/Impression/-/commit/f2be9b105026019a7d91800a45e7c77de153c718
I assume version 3.8.0 released two months ago has the fix, so upgrading
to such version would be my recommended course of action.
Thanks.
More information about the pkg-gnome-maintainers
mailing list