[pkg-gnupg-maint] Bug#831626: Bug#831626: pinentry-gtk2 locks Xfce4 with Alt-Tab
rpnpif at free.fr
Mon Jul 18 05:44:21 UTC 2016
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 01:11:04AM +0200, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> > 5. pinentry is launched automatically.
> > 6. Type Alt-Tab to return on the other terminal.
> > Now it is impossible to launch any command or to select another window.
> > X is locked.
I am sorry Daniel, I make an error.
6. Click on the other terminal (instead of Alt-Tab).
Yes Alt-Tab is not possible, but the selection of the other window is possible with the mouse.
> (echo getpin && sleep 1 && echo bye) | pinentry-gtk-2
This command gave the same issue.
So I recapitulate :
1. Open two windows of xfce4-terminal
2. Type F11 to put one terminal in full screen.
3. Alt-Tab to return in the other terminal.
4. Run : (echo getpin && sleep 1 && echo bye) | pinentry-gtk-2
5. Click on the full-screened terminal window.
Now it is impossible to launch any command or to select another window.
X is locked.
More information about the pkg-gnupg-maint