[Pkg-haskell-maintainers] Bug#738633: pandoc: Newer version available and query about excluded files
Douglas F. Calvert
dfc at douglasfcalvert.net
Sun Mar 2 01:11:45 UTC 2014
Followup-For: Bug #738633
I could really use some of the features/fixes in 1.12.3
Is there anything holding up bumping the version? It looks like some of
the version depends have been relaxed.
* To changes to source; recompiled tarball with latest alex and
happy, so they will work with GHC 7.8.
* Bumped version bounds for blaze-html, blaze-markup.
* ImageSize: Avoid use of lookAhead, which is not in binary >= 0.6
* Fixed mediawiki ordered list parsing (#1122).
* HTML reader: Fixed bug reading inline math with `$$` (#225).
* Added support for LaTeX style literate Haskell code blocks in rST
* Relaxed version constraint on binary, allowing the use of binary 0.5.
* The `--bibliography` option now sets the `biblio-files` variable.
So, if you're using `--natbib` or `--biblatex`, you can just use
`--bibliography=foo.bib` instead of `-V bibliofiles=foo`.
* Don't run pandoc-citeproc filter if `--bibliography` is
used together with `--natbib` or `--biblatex` (Florian Eitel).
* Template changes:
+ Updated beamer template to include booktabs.
+ Added `abstract` variable to LaTeX template.
+ Put `header-includes` after `title` in LaTeX template (#908).
+ Allow use of `\includegraphics[size]` in beamer.
This just required porting a macro definition from the default
LaTeX template to the default beamer template.
* `reference.docx`: Include `FootnoteText` style.
Otherwise Word ignores the style, even when specified in the `pPr`.
* `reference.odt`: Tidied `styles.xml`.
* Relaxed version bounds for dependencies.
* Added `withSocketsDo` around http conduit code in `openURL`,
so it works on Windows (#1080).
* Added `Cite` function to `sample.lua`.
* Markdown reader:
+ Fixed regression in title blocks (#1089).
If author field was empty, date was being ignored.
+ Allow backslash-newline hard line breaks in grid and
multiline table cells.
+ Citation keys may now start with underscores, and may contain
underscores adjacent to internal punctuation.
* LaTeX reader:
+ Add support for `Verb` macro (jrnold) (#1090).
+ Support babel-style quoting: `` "`..."' ``.
* Properly handle script blocks in strict mode. (That is,
`markdown-markdown_in_html_blocks`.) Previously a spurious
`<p>` tag was being added (#1093).
* Docbook reader: Avoid failure if `tbody` contains no `tr` or `row`
* LaTeX writer:
+ Factored out function for table cell creation.
+ Better treatment of footnotes in tables.
Notes now appear in the regular sequence, rather than in the
table cell. (This was a regression in 1.10.)
* HTML reader: Parse name/content pairs from meta tags as metadata.
* Moved `fixDisplayMath` from Docx writer to `Writer.Shared`.
* OpenDocument writer: Fixed `RawInline`, `RawBlock` so they don't escape.
* ODT writer: Use mathml for proper rendering of formulas.
Note: LibreOffice's support for this seems a bit buggy. But
it should be better than what we had before.
* RST writer: Ensure no blank line after def in definition list (#992).
* Markdown writer: Don't use tilde code blocks with braced attributes in
`markdown_github` output. A consequence of this change is that the
backtick form will be preferred in general if both are enabled. That
is good, as it is much more widespread than the tilde form. (#1084)
* Docx writer: Fixed problem with some modified reference docx files.
Include `word/_rels/settings.xml.rels` if it exists, as well as other
`rels` files besides the ones pandoc generates explicitly.
* HTML writer:
+ With `--toc`, headers no longer link to themselves (#1081).
+ Omit footnotes from TOC entries. Otherwise we get doubled
footnotes when headers have notes!
* EPUB writer:
+ Avoid duplicate notes when headings contain notes.
This arose because the headings are copied into the metadata
"title" field, and the note gets rendered twice. We strip the
note now before putting the heading in "title".
+ Strip out footnotes from toc entries.
+ Fixed bug with `--epub-stylesheet`. Now the contents of
`writerEpubStylesheet` (set by `--epub-stylesheet`)
should again work, and take precedence over a stylesheet specified
in the metadata.
* `Text.Pandoc.Pretty`: Added `nestle`. API change.
* `Text.Pandoc.MIME`: Added `wmf`, `emf`.
* `Text.Pandoc.Shared`: `fetchItem` now handles image URLs beginning
* `Text.Pandoc.ImageSize`: Parse EXIF format JPEGs. Previously
we could only get size information for JFIF format, which led
to squished images in Word documents. Closes #976.
* Removed old `MarkdownTest_1.0.3` directory (#1104).
-- System Information:
Debian Release: jessie/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (990, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 3.14.0-rc4+ (SMP w/6 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Versions of packages pandoc depends on:
ii libc6 2.18-3
ii libffi6 3.0.13-12
ii libgmp10 2:5.1.3+dfsg-1
ii libicu52 52.1-3
ii liblua5.1-0 5.1.5-5
ii libpcre3 1:8.31-2
ii libyaml-0-2 0.1.4-3.1
ii pandoc-data 188.8.131.52-1
ii zlib1g 1:1.2.8.dfsg-1
pandoc recommends no packages.
Versions of packages pandoc suggests:
ii pandoc-citeproc 0.2-3+b1
ii texlive-latex-recommended 2013.20140215-1
ii texlive-luatex 2013.20140215-1
ii texlive-xetex 2013.20140215-1
-- no debconf information
More information about the Pkg-haskell-maintainers