[Pkg-lxde-maintainers] Bug#851748: libfm-extra4 in debian/testing kills LXDE menus
hans.ullrich at loop.de
Tue Jan 24 16:16:14 UTC 2017
here is a workaround, I used for kali-linux.
OK, so, as the code was not changed, as Andriy told, here is a workaround, if
someone wants to build a kali-live-image with LXDE.
1. Download libfm-extra4-1.2.4-1 for your architecture from http://
2. Extract the package by using dpkg-deb.
3. Edit debian/control and change the version from 1.2.4-1 to a higher version
than 1.2.5-1 (I am using 1.2.5-2, as it is close to the prior version).
4. Repack the package again by using dpkg-deb.
5. Copy the new libfm-extra4-1.2.5-2.deb to ~live-build-config/config/packages-
6. Now build the new image. After booting it (either from CD, or as in my case
from an USB-Stick), you see, the menus in LXDE are back!
Maybe Debian wants to use this way to get a running version in its repo.
Sorry, that I built only for i386, but at the moment I have no amd64-computer
at hand (sadly my notebook died 3 days ago. Mainboard dead!)
Hope this helps.
More information about the Pkg-lxde-maintainers