[Pkg-mailman-hackers] Mailman3; bookworm to trixie upgrade

alain williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Sep 20 17:57:08 BST 2026


I recently upgraded from bookworm to trixie. This broke a few things one of
which is mailman3. 

I fixed escape sequences (see later), had to reset the mysql password to the
same thing (??) and currently have a problem getting into the web interface -
which just says 'server error' 'An error occurred while processing your request.'

I see in: /var/log/mailman3/web/mailman-web.log

django.db.utils.OperationalError: (1054, "Unknown column 'socialaccount_socialapp.provider_id' in 'SELECT'")

This suggests changes in the database setup. Can anyone tell me what they
should be and is there a .sql script to do that for me ?

Thanks


One file that I needed to fix is below. It contained strings with things
like \s that are (I think) no longer acceptable to python but these strings
appear to be regular expressions, so I changed \s to \\s and \\ to \\\\

Those fixed: \- \s \/ \. \; \/ \\

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/robot_detection.py

-- 
Alain Williams
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT Lecturer.
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  https://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Parliament Hill Computers. Registration Information: https://www.phcomp.co.uk/Contact.html
#include <std_disclaimer.h>



More information about the Pkg-mailman-hackers mailing list