[Pkg-matrix-maintainers] Bug#1149869: matrix-synapse: recommends python3-pympler which is not in unstable
Carles Pina i Estany
carles at pina.cat
Sat Oct 3 21:28:13 BST 2026
Subject: matrix-synapse: recommends python3-pympler which is not in unstable
Package: matrix-synapse
Version: 1.160.0-1
Usertags: package-relations package-relations-recommends
Severity: wishlist
Dear maintainer(s),
I noticed that package matrix-synapse recommends python3-pympler, which
is currently not available in unstable.
See:
- https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python3-pympler
It was removed in February 2026.
Would it make sense to remove or update it?
I know that was removed because "rc buggy", but I don't see any
intention of re-adding python3-pympler. I'm assuming that it's not
coming back.
Thank you for your time,
PS[0]: I am developing a tool to detect such issues:
https://salsa.debian.org/carlespina/check-relations . Reports are
manually reviewed before submission. If you would prefer not to receive
such reports (for specific packages, all of your maintained packages,
etc.), please let me know. Any other feedback is welcomed as well. No
more bugreports for this missing relation will be sent.
PS[1]: more information available in
https://salsa.debian.org/carlespina/check-relations/-/blob/main/README.md
and
https://salsa.debian.org/carlespina/check-relations/-/blob/main/docs/bug-report-extra-info.md
--
Carles Pina i Estany
https://carles.pina.cat | carles at pina.cat | cpina at debian.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-matrix-maintainers/attachments/20261003/e784eb29/attachment.sig>
More information about the Pkg-matrix-maintainers
mailing list