[Pkg-mozext-maintainers] Regression update for Thunderbird in jessie-security (aka oldstable)?
Daniel Kahn Gillmor
dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Jul 31 15:55:14 UTC 2017
Thank you very much for your work for keeing thunderbird ESR up-to-date
in debian. Sorry that enigmail is an ongoing problem for that work.
On Fri 2017-07-28 10:56:48 +0200, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> We need some auto testing stuff that will help to discover such problems
> early as there are also some other typical extensions that maybe break
> by every new ESR version of Thunderbird.
I think this is a great idea. I wrote mail to the enigmail mailing list
earlier this month to see whether there was any existing work we could
piggy-back off of:
I got some interesting pointers/suggestions in response, but no specific
I'd welcome help from anyone who wants to write a full-stack test that
we could use for an enigmail autopkgtest, though.
I'm imagining an autopkgtest that does (at least) the following:
* sets up a local MTA (postfix?)
* sets up a local IMAP server (dovecot?)
* creates accounts Alice and Bob on both servers
- both accounts should be able to send and receive mail
* creates two thunderbird profiles (maybe using different system user accounts?)
* triggers the enigmail setup process on both accounts
* exchanges keys between the accounts (how?)
* Alice sends encrypted mail to Bob
* Bob reads encrypted mail
With that in place, we could talk about embellishing the test suite to
include things like attachments, multiparty mail, etc.
Does this seem feasible/useful? Is anyone interested in working on this
> Hopefully we find some time to talk about that all at DebCamp/DebConf?
Sadly, i won't make it to debconf this year.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 832 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pkg-mozext-maintainers