[Pkg-mozext-maintainers] Bug#895403: enigmail extension doesn't show up if the enigmail.org xpi was previously installed
pl at ninthfloor.org
Wed Apr 11 08:00:30 UTC 2018
After installing and removing the official .xpi extension from
enigmail.org, the extension from the ‘enigmail’ Debian package doesn't
show up in Thunderbird.
Steps to reproduce:
0. Close Thunderbird, move ~/.thunderbird to a safe location.
1. Install thunderbird/experimental, uninstall enigmail.
2. Download the enigmail xpi file from enigmail.org, start Thunderbird
and install it. The extension shows up and works fine.
3. Uninstall the extension from the Thunderbird GUI and close it.
4. Install enigmail/experimental.
5. Start Thunderbird. The extension doesn't show up (not even disabled).
If step 2 is skipped, the enigmail extension from the Debian package
*** Reporter, please consider answering these questions, where appropriate ***
* What led up to the situation?
* What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
* What was the outcome of this action?
* What outcome did you expect instead?
*** End of the template - remove these template lines ***
-- System Information:
Debian Release: buster/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 4.15.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled
Versions of packages enigmail depends on:
ii gnupg 2.2.5-1
ii gnupg2 2.2.5-1
ii gpg-agent [gnupg-agent] 2.2.5-1
ii thunderbird 1:60.0~b2-1
Versions of packages enigmail recommends:
ii pinentry-gnome3 [pinentry-x11] 1.1.0-1
enigmail suggests no packages.
More information about the Pkg-mozext-maintainers