Debimedia archive, was: FFmpeg release branch
greffrath at leat.rub.de
Tue Aug 25 07:51:48 UTC 2009
Reinhard Tartler schrieb:
> debimedia. We are still missing some packages that we consider important
> before announcing debimedia to the public. At least I miss transcode and
> dvdrip, but if someone disagrees, I wouldn't veto the announcement
I have taken some time yesterday to check-in the current
ubuntu/multiverse packages of transcode and dvdrip into our GIT
The packages are in a... well... "interesting" state.
I have already done some cosmetic cleanups, but there is still plenty
left to do, e.g.:
- The copyright files are mostly useless crap.
- The Build-Depends and Depends have to be sorted out, especially the
Depends/Recommends/Suggests mess of dvdrip!
- The confflags have to be sorted out (e.g. transcode: --enable-ffbin?
- Is transcode really a frontend to the ffmpeg frontend or is it
possible to directly link it against the ffmpeg libs?
- The debian/rules files are full of ugly hacks. I'd like to convert
them to the new debhelper format in the short term.
- The packages build but are far(!) from lintian-clean.
- etc... please get a picture of it yourself...
I'd appreciate very much if someone who is more interested in these
packages than I am could have a closer look at them.
@Reinhard, maybe "your friend" could help out here? ;)
Dipl.-Phys. Fabian Greffrath
Lehrstuhl für Energieanlagen und Energieprozesstechnik (LEAT)
Universitätsstr. 150, IB 3/134
Telefon: +49 (0)234 / 32-26334
Fax: +49 (0)234 / 32-14227
E-Mail: greffrath at leat.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
More information about the pkg-multimedia-maintainers