RFS: xbmc -- XBMC Media Center (another try)
siretart at tauware.de
Thu Oct 15 16:42:52 UTC 2009
Andres Mejia <mcitadel at gmail.com> writes:
> Ok. I'm ready for another review and potential upload of xbmc to the Debian
> archive. This new version uses a new upstream svn snapshot (r23588) which
> includes a fix to allow it to build using the latest version of libass.
> The packaging can be found in the team's git repo.
- comment in debian/README.Source:
10 [...] Note that we do not use '~dfsgN' or something similar since there
11 is currently code in XBMC that does not meet the guidelines of the open source
- windows binaries in system/players/dvdplayer/*.dll
- more windows binaries in system/*.dll
- the orig.tar.gz is > 130MB, with >400MB of unpacked sources. holy
cow! I guess that most of these are 3rd party libraries and media
files, but that's still huge. Are you really sure that it makes sense
to have such a big beast in debian?
- I ran out of disk space while building it. Appearently it needs more
than 2GB of disk space. :-(
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4
More information about the pkg-multimedia-maintainers