IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU)
umlaeute at debian.org
Thu Sep 17 09:23:02 UTC 2015
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 2015-09-17 10:34, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> So what we need now is to tune get-orig-source script to get only
> DFSG compatible drumkits? Can we also get copyright file in in orig
> tar ball?
the main problem i see here, is that the license fields are free-form,
so it's hard for a script to decide what is DFSG compatible and what not
a possible solution for this would be to make the script interactive.
something like the following (with "maintainer" being the user who
runs the script)
for each available drumkit do:
- - check if drumkit is already part of the package (probably comparing
hashes of the downloaded file). if so, skip it
- - check if the drumkit has a license attached. if not, skip it
- - present the drumkit information to the maintainer (in a readable form)
- - ask the maintainer to manually accept the drumkit (after they have
examined the license)
- - skip or add the new drumkit, based on maintainer's decision.
> Sorry this is bit unusual packaging work and I am not very skilled
> with scripts :(
well, writing the script is one thing.
first we have to come up with a set of well defined tasks :-)
More information about the pkg-multimedia-maintainers