[Pkg-nagios-devel] default configuration audit
seanius at debian.org
Sat Feb 4 12:38:54 UTC 2006
now that the packaging is more or less free (hopefully) of bugs, i've
spent some time sitting down with the default configuration and
have made a list of comments for review. i'm going to go ahead
and start with some of them either today or tomorrow, but feel
free to object to anything in the list, add anything to the
list, etc in the meantime.
- reorder/recomment the various cfg_dir/cfg_file comments/directives in
nagios.conf to make more sense to the "new reader"
- the following files go in /var/cache, but i'm wondering if they
should go in /var/lib:
- any reason for log_archive_path=/var/lib/nagios2/archives
instead of /var/log/nagios2/archives?
- should we change date_format from us to iso8601?
- oh, look: p1_file=/usr/sbin/p1.pl <- so we can change that afterall.
- should we enable regex matching by default?
- remove redundant (to the nagios-plugins-defined) checkcommands from
- conf.d file numbering isn't necessary, the order is still arbitrarily
random (based on the results of getdirent).
- a couple more out of the box timeperiods (never, standard work hours,
- contacts can be templated
- contacts and contactgroups are combined in the same file, which is
nice.. maybe we should do the same for hosts/services.
- our config files could have a comment at the top that says "this is the
default config supplied by debian, if you'd like to change it feel
free to do so, but if you want to *add* to it we suggest you make life
easier for yourself by using additional files in the conf.d directory
or elsewhere". at least for the template config files.
- for localhost's configs:
- we can move more config options up into the template
- PING is useless because we get it from check-host-alive, and
if localhost isn't responding to ping the nagios server probably
isn't running either :)
- notification_interval for hosts and services should *definitely* be 0
- example hostextinfo and escalations configuration?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nagios-devel/attachments/20060204/da31bf35/attachment.pgp
More information about the Pkg-nagios-devel