[Pkg-nagios-devel] nagios2_2.3.1-1_i386.changes is NEW
installer at ftp-master.debian.org
Tue May 30 09:47:12 UTC 2006
(new) nagios2-dbg_2.3.1-1_i386.deb optional devel
debugging symbols for nagios2
Nagios is a monitoring and management system for hosts, services and
Nagios' features include:
o Monitoring of network services (via TCP port, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP,
o Plugin interface to allow for user-developed service checks
o Contact notifications when problems occur and get resolved (via email,
pager, or user-defined method)
o Ability to define event handlers to be run during service or host events
(for proactive problem resolution)
o Web output (current status, notifications, problem history, log file, etc.)
Nagios was written in C and is designed to be easy to understand and modify
to fit your own needs.
This package contains gdb debugging symbols for the nagios2 binaries.
Nagios is a replacement of the Netsaint project. It accepts and uses the
previous Netsaint modules transparently.
Upstream URL: http://www.nagios.org/
Changes: nagios2 (2.3.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* new upstream version
* CVE-2006-2489 was already fixed locally in 2.3-1
* remove dpatch
* Add nagios2-dbg package
* Add 10no-strip patch to keep upstream Makefiles from stripping
binaries before we can build the -dbg package.
* Fix typos in debian/control
* Standards-Version: 3.7.2 (no changes necessary thanks to the
cgi-lib policy having been reverted)
* Fix short description of nagios2/adminpassword-mismatch to make
* Fix upstream syntax error in handle-master-proc-event script
* move contrib stuff to /usr/share to avoid having scripts in /usr/lib
* README.Debian: fix external command procedure
* posterity: the previous release 2.3-1 also included a fix for
CVE-2006-2489, as we were the ones who discovered it while fixing the
previous vulnerability :)
* include the needed function from the webapps-common httpd stub inline
in the config script, as fresh installations may not have the file
available (if using apt instead of dpkg, for example). Closes: #353966.
* remove "do not translate" remark and incorporate Christian Perrier's
suggested modifications to the debconf templates (closes: #352771).
Announcing to debian-devel-changes at lists.debian.org
Closing bugs: 352771 353966
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.
More information about the Pkg-nagios-devel