n-g-d post-squeeze plans

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Tue Feb 22 12:03:59 UTC 2011

On 2011-02-22 06:42, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de> writes:
>> what are our plans for n-g-d to now that squeeze has been released?
>> Do we want to try to make a security update for 195xx
>> #609338: cuda: uninitialized memory infoleak
>> Someone sent a link to the upstream patch, but I didn't try it, yet.
> It would be a good idea if we can, although getting the updated drivers
> into unstable is probably a higher priority.
>> I can try to prepare a minimal 195.36.31-7 with the security fix. I'd
>> like to keep the README updates and the bug script updates currently in
>> -7, the manpage can be postponed to -8. Would this be OK for a squeeze
>> update?
> I think it probably would be, yes.  The README and bug script updates
> might be iffy, but I think that sort of documentation fix should be
> relatively uncontroversial and the stable update policy isn't as tight as
> it used to be.

195.36.31-7 has been prepared, the modules build, but they have not been
tested and I don't have a program available that could test whether this
actually fixes the problem.

If you upload this package to unstable (best would be building it in a
squeeze, not sid, chroot) it could get a little testing there and we
could rebuild the pre-built modules and decide afterwards how to proceed
with squeeze-updates.


More information about the pkg-nvidia-devel mailing list