Bug#755513: nvidia-opencl-dev: binary conflict with ocl-icd-libopencl1
graham at nerve.org.za
Tue Jul 29 15:55:30 UTC 2014
On 29/07/2014 12:41, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> The first option allows higher installability. The second option keeps
> all the relationships confined to ocl-icd-libopencl1, which is the
> package breaking policy (#679228).
Thanks Stefano. I had a closer look at ocl-icd and I think I am seeing
the real issue now.
Package ocl-icd-libopencl1 has both conflicts and replaces on
nvidia-libopencl1-dev, but this package no longer exists.
From what I can glean from the changelogs (excerpts follow), the
unversioned libOpenCL.so symlink was removed from package
nvidia-libopencl1-dev, built by nvidia-graphics-drivers, and is now
shipped in package nvidia-opencl-dev, built by nvidia-cuda-toolkit.
I attach a new patch for ocl-icd which seems to do the right thing now.
nvidia-graphics-drivers (256.53-2) experimental; urgency=low
* Drop libcuda1-dev and nvidia-libopencl1-dev packages, move libOpenCL.so
link to nvidia-libopencl1. libcuda1 and nvidia-libopencl1
Replaces their old -dev packages for clean upgrades without
-- Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de> Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:50:06 +0200
nvidia-graphics-drivers (304.88-7) unstable; urgency=low
* nvidia-libopencl1.links: Stop shipping libOpenCL.so, will be moved to
-- Andreas Beckmann <anbe at debian.org> Sat, 17 Aug 2013 14:41:44 +0200
nvidia-cuda-toolkit (5.0.35-7) unstable; urgency=low
* nvidia-opencl-dev: Provides/Conflicts/Replaces: opencl-dev.
* nvidia-opencl-dev: Set Multi-Arch: same.
- Ship libOpenCL.so symlink previously in nvidia-libopencl1.
- Tighten the dependency on nvidia-libopencl1.
* nvidia-cuda-toolkit: Allow opencl-dev as an alternative to
nvidia-opencl-dev. (Closes: #719834)
-- Andreas Beckmann <anbe at debian.org> Sat, 17 Aug 2013 06:48:53 +0200
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 686 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the pkg-nvidia-devel