Bug#1148469: nvidia-graphics-drivers: autopkgtest needs update for new version of linux-signed-amd64

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Sat Sep 19 21:29:03 BST 2026


Source: nvidia-graphics-drivers
Version: 550.163.01-5.1
Severity: serious
X-Debbugs-CC: linux-signed-amd64 at packages.debian.org
Tags: sid forky
User: debian-ci at lists.debian.org
Usertags: needs-update
Control: affects -1 src:linux

Dear maintainer(s),

Like with every new minor linux version the autopkgtest of 
nvidia-graphics-drivers fails in testing when that autopkgtest is run 
with the binary packages of linux-signed-amd64 from unstable. It passes 
when run with only packages from testing. In tabular form:

                        pass            fail
linux-signed-amd64     from testing    7.2.6+1
nvidia-graphics-drivers from testing    550.163.01-5.1
all others             from testing    from testing

I copied some of the output at the bottom of this report.

Currently this regression is blocking the migration of 
linux-signed-amd64 to testing [1]. Of course, linux-signed-amd64 
shouldn't just break your autopkgtest (or even worse, your package), but 
it seems to me that the change in linux-signed-amd64 was intended and 
your package needs to update to the new situation.

If this is a real problem in your package (and not only in your 
autopkgtest), the right binary package(s) from linux-signed-amd64 should 
really add a versioned Breaks on the unfixed version of (one of your) 
package(s). Note: the Breaks is nice even if the issue is only in the 
autopkgtest as it helps the migration software to figure out the right 
versions to combine in the tests.

More information about this bug and the reason for filing it can be found on
https://wiki.debian.org/ContinuousIntegration/RegressionEmailInformation

Paul

[1] https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=linux-signed-amd64

https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/testing/amd64/n/nvidia-graphics-drivers/75742699/log.gz

159s    x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc-16 -Wp,-MMD,nvidia-uvm/.uvm_va_range.o.d 
-nostdinc -I/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/arch/x86/include 
-I/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-cloud-amd64/arch/x86/include/generated 
-I/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/include 
-I/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-cloud-amd64/include 
-I/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/arch/x86/include/uapi 
-I/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-cloud-amd64/arch/x86/include/generated/uapi 
-I/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/include/uapi 
-I/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-cloud-amd64/include/generated/uapi 
-include 
/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/include/linux/compiler-version.h 
-include 
/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/include/linux/kconfig.h 
-include 
/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/include/linux/compiler_types.h 
-D__KERNEL__ -fshort-wchar -funsigned-char -fno-common -fno-PIE 
-fno-strict-aliasing -std=gnu11 -fms-extensions -mno-sse -mno-mmx 
-mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -mno-avx -mno-sse4a -fcf-protection=branch 
-fno-jump-tables -m64 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-loops=1 -mno-80387 
-mno-fp-ret-in-387 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=3 -mskip-rax-setup 
-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel 
-mstack-protector-guard-reg=gs 
-mstack-protector-guard-symbol=__ref_stack_chk_guard -Wno-sign-compare 
-fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern 
-mindirect-branch-register -mindirect-branch-cs-prefix 
-mfunction-return=thunk-extern -fno-jump-tables -mharden-sls=all 
-fpatchable-function-entry=16,16 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -O2 
-fno-allow-store-data-races -fstack-protector-strong 
-ftrivial-auto-var-init=zero -fzero-init-padding-bits=all 
-fno-stack-clash-protection -fdiagnostics-show-context=2 -pg 
-mrecord-mcount -mfentry -DCC_USING_FENTRY -fmin-function-alignment=16 
-fstrict-flex-arrays=3 -fno-strict-overflow -fno-stack-check 
-fconserve-stack -fno-builtin-wcslen -Wall -Wextra -Wundef 
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=implicit-int 
-Werror=return-type -Werror=strict-prototypes -Wno-format-security 
-Wno-trigraphs -Wno-frame-address -Wno-address-of-packed-member 
-Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wframe-larger-than=2048 
-Wno-main -Wno-type-limits -Wno-dangling-pointer -Wvla-larger-than=1 
-Wno-pointer-sign -Wcast-function-type 
-Wno-unterminated-string-initialization -Wno-array-bounds 
-Wno-stringop-overflow -Wno-alloc-size-larger-than 
-Wimplicit-fallthrough=5 -Werror=date-time 
-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types -Werror=designated-init 
-Wenum-conversion -Wunused -Wno-unused-but-set-variable 
-Wno-unused-const-variable -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wno-format-overflow 
-Wno-format-truncation -Wno-stringop-truncation -Wno-override-init 
-Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-shift-negative-value 
-Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused-parameter -g 
-I././common/inc -I./. -Wall -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-format-extra-args 
-D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNVRM -DNV_VERSION_STRING=\"550.163.01\" 
-DNV_FILESYSTEM_ACCESS_AVAILABLE=1 -Wno-unused-function -Wuninitialized 
-fno-strict-aliasing -ffreestanding -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel 
-DNV_UVM_ENABLE -Werror=undef -DNV_SPECTRE_V2=0 
-DNV_KERNEL_INTERFACE_LAYER -Wno-error -DNVIDIA_UVM_ENABLED 
-DNVIDIA_UNDEF_LEGACY_BIT_MACROS -DLinux -D__linux__ -I././nvidia-uvm 
-fsanitize=bounds-strict -fsanitize=shift    -DMODULE 
-DKBUILD_BASENAME='"uvm_va_range"' -DKBUILD_MODNAME='"nvidia_uvm"' 
-D__KBUILD_MODNAME=nvidia_uvm -c -o nvidia-uvm/uvm_va_range.o 
nvidia-uvm/uvm_va_range.c  159s make[6]: *** 
[/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/scripts/Makefile.build:294: 
nvidia/os-interface.o] Error 1
159s make[6]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
160s nvidia/linux_nvswitch.c: In function ‘nvswitch_os_read_registry_dword’:
160s nvidia/linux_nvswitch.c:2029:5: error: implicit declaration of 
function ‘strncpy’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
160s  2029 |     strncpy(regkey_val, regkey_val_start, regkey_val_len);
160s       |     ^~~~~~~
160s nvidia/linux_nvswitch.c:52:1: note: ‘strncpy’ is defined in header 
‘<string.h>’; this is probably fixable by adding ‘#include <string.h>’
160s    51 | #include "ioctl_nvswitch.h"
160s   +++ |+#include <string.h>
160s    52 | 160s nvidia/linux_nvswitch.c: In function 
‘nvswitch_os_strncpy’:
160s nvidia/linux_nvswitch.c:2384:12: error: returning ‘int’ from a 
function with return type ‘char *’ makes pointer from integer without a 
cast [-Wint-conversion]
160s  2384 |     return strncpy(dest, src, length);
160s       |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
160s make[6]: *** 
[/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/scripts/Makefile.build:294: 
nvidia/linux_nvswitch.o] Error 1
162s make[5]: *** 
[/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/Makefile:2222: .] Error 2
162s make[4]: *** 
[/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common/Makefile:260: __sub-make] Error 2
162s make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/modules/nvidia-kernel'
162s make[3]: *** [Makefile:260: __sub-make] Error 2
162s make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-7.2.6+deb14-common'
162s make[2]: *** [Makefile:143: modules] Error 2
162s make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/modules/nvidia-kernel'
162s make[1]: *** [debian/rules:39: binary-modules] Error 2
162s make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/modules/nvidia-kernel'
162s make: *** [/usr/share/modass/include/common-rules.make:57: 
kdist_build] Error 2
162s tput: No value for $TERM and no -T specified
162s BUILD FAILED!
162s tput: No value for $TERM and no -T specified
162s See 
/var/cache/modass/nvidia-kernel-source.buildlog.7.2.6+deb14-cloud-amd64.1789748098 
for details.
162s Build failed. Press Return to continue...
162s I: nvidia-kernel does not support the 7.2.6+deb14-rt-amd64 kernel 
(!CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT)
162s I: Summary:
162s I: FAIL nvidia-kernel 7.2.6+deb14-amd64 (7)
162s I: FAIL nvidia-kernel 7.2.6+deb14-cloud-amd64 (7)
162s I: SKIP nvidia-kernel 7.2.6+deb14-rt-amd64 (!CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT)
162s autopkgtest [16:15:19]: test m-a-autopkgtest

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 585 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-nvidia-devel/attachments/20260919/d4edb3de/attachment.sig>


More information about the pkg-nvidia-devel mailing list