[Pkg-owncloud-maintainers] OC4 for wheezy!
thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Fri May 18 15:07:34 UTC 2012
Am Freitag, dem 18.05.2012 um 15:51 schrieb Paul van Tilburg:
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 08:52:22AM +0200, Thomas Müller wrote:
> > as you probably know: I want OC4 in wheezy! ;-)
> > And that's gone be a tough task - as you might know - the NEW queue
> > will stop processing after May 20th! 
> For sure.
Otherwise it would be no fun! ;-)
> > Currently we have two unresolved dependencies:
> I hope they follow through shortly.
> > @pkg-owncloud-maintainers:
> > How do we proceed?
> > For sabredav we have two options:
> > 1.) keep it within the owncloud package as 3rdparty - just like *still* some other
> > 2.) we push sabredav ourself
> Either solution is ok for now.
Let's push it yourselves!
I'll add the package to git tonight.
@Paul / Damien:
Can I ask you to review it then?
> > Finally we have copyright issue with
> > apps/user_openid/class.openid.v3.php
> > @Paul: You found a package within sid, which has this file already. collabtiv?
> > How did they solve that issue?
> I have checked, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same version.
> They just don't mention the file in the copyright at all.
LOL - let's just don't mention it as well!
Let's repack then - any volunteers for this task?
> > Maybe we just repack, remove the whole openid app and we are fine for
> > the very first upload.
> > Well after some testing of course and after release of OC4 (might be
> > postponed due to some critical bugs with IE).
> > This bring me the to last open issue:
> > Can/shall we upload the current version 4.0.0~rc?
> Why not, we just keep working on the latest version. If we meet the
> requirements of an upload (i.e. all important TODO items are closed,
> license-wise all is ok and install-wise it is tested and works ok), we
> should upload.
> > Can we push 4.0.0 after May 20th (once we successfully passed NEW queue)?
> No, after the freeze we cannot upload new upstream, just fixes for RC bugs.
> Except... if we contact the release team and have good reasons.
> A frozen Wheezy is not the same as Wheezy being stable, then there is no
> chance of getting new upstream in.
Thanks for clarification.
I'll ask upstream for the exact release date/time.
For the general planning:
I'll be working on that stuff the today, tomorrow and Sunday in the night.
Feel free to join me and Paul (I assume you'll be there as well ;-) ) on DebianIRC #debian-owncloud
Thanks a lot,
> > In additon I'd like to thank you on supporting me with this package.
> I subscribe this, thanks everyone.
> Using the Power of Debian GNU/Linux | E-mail: paulvt at debian.org
> Jabber/GTalk: paul at luon.net | GnuPG key ID: 0x50064181
> Pkg-owncloud-maintainers mailing list
> Pkg-owncloud-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org
More information about the Pkg-owncloud-maintainers