[Pkg-owncloud-maintainers] No OC4 in Debian 7.0/Wheezy
thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Sun May 20 22:41:33 UTC 2012
today the "ownCloud for Debian"-Team decided not to upload the package for Debian 7.0/Wheezy.
Most challenging part has most likely been to get all the copyrights and licensing sorted out.
Finally we had too less testing time especially because of the necessary patches to install ownCloud
according to the FHS. (We had the first installable package on May 19th - on May 20th we had the
last chance for an upload to Debian 7. Tough ride!)
Now that we have movable apps - it would help a lot have movable /config and /data. ;-)
Can we have that as a feature for OC5?
But still there is progress to be reported:
- sabredav has been packaged by the "ownCloud for Debian"-Team and uploaded.
- mdb2_schema will come to Debian soon
Your goals for the next weeks:
- package all 3rdparty components individually
- database configuration via the package
- support sqlite, mysql and postgres (up to now we focused on mysql)
- push OC4 to debian-backports!
In case any of you is interested in our work - feel free to stop by:
Thanks a lot and take care,
Thomas aka DeepDiver
Once we are done with the server: we will start packaging the client as well!
More information about the Pkg-owncloud-maintainers