thomas at goirand.fr
Wed May 23 09:05:22 UTC 2012
I would like to know why the php-mdb2-driver-sqlite has been removed
from Debian SID and testing. It seems to still be a valid candidate, and
the people working on packaging "owncloud" in Debian needs it.
Would you agree that I take over the maintenance and re-package it?
On the changes it would need:
- switch debian/copyright to format 1.0
- switch to using pkg-php-tools
- 3.0 (quilt) source format
- Run of the test suites with phpunit
- Switch VCS to Git instead of SVN
- Switch maintainer to pkg-php-pear@ instead of pkg-php-maint.
I've heard from Paul Van Tilburg that the reason of the removal was
support for SQLite in PHP. However, only the support for SQLite 2 went
away, and php-mdb2-driver-sqlite seems to be using SQLite 3, which is
AFAIK still supported (using php5-sqlite).
Since Debian Wheezy will be frozen in few weeks, I need a quick reply.
Without any reply from you in few days, I'll do the packaging.
More information about the Pkg-owncloud-maintainers