[Pkg-owncloud-maintainers] pgsql install issue
Diederik de Haas
didi.debian at cknow.org
Mon Jun 4 11:48:41 UTC 2012
As mentioned before I have an issue getting owncloud with pgsql working, so I'll
describe that here. My install procedure:
- Install Debian Wheezy using debian-wheezy-DI-a1-amd64-businesscard.iso and my
preseed file, which installs the standard task and vim/openssh-server/htop
- Tried to install the suggest from owncloud-pgsql to also have the database
server prior to running the configuration procedure with
http://<server>/owncloud/ only to notice nothing got installed, since
postgresql-server package doesn't exist. This should be postgresql, which
depends on the currently supported PostgreSQL database, being postgresql-9.1.
It's probably also better that owncloud-pgsql depends on postgresql-client only
(ie drop the postgresql-client-8.1 dependency)
During installation I did NOT get a dialog to change/specify the db's root
user's password, which I did get with mysql-server
- Installed owncloud and owncloud-pgsql
- Went to http://ocdeb-pgsql/owncloud/ and specified the parameters. dbuser was
root and dbpwd was root's pwd
- Got greeted with "can not connect to database, using pgsql. (SQLSTATE
 fe_sendauth: no password supplied)"
So the procedure which does work with mysql, doesn't work (yet) with pgsql.
More information about the Pkg-owncloud-maintainers