[Pkg-owncloud-maintainers] owncloud-client sponsoring
david at tilapin.org
Thu May 16 22:26:00 UTC 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I just add a look at owncloud-client, and have some remarks and
questions I’d like to see addressed before considering its sponsorship.
- Typos and similar:
+ s/ app / application /
+ s/ sync / synchronize /
+ s/ syncs / synchronizes /
+ s/ your //
+ s/ ist / is /
+ s/ csync / CSync /
+ s/ lib / library /
- The first line of long description being almost a copy of the short
one is useless
- Short description shouldn’t start with an uppercase
- “Documentation package for mirall“ and “Localization for mirall”
looks like bad Description, please, consider asking for help on
debian-l10n-english at lists.debian.org
- Version is useless in at least pkg-kde-tools (>= 0.5)
- Is the version need in libocsync-dev (>= 0.70.7) and
libocsync0 (>= 0.70.7)?
- The first LGPL should be LGPL-2.1
- The second LGPL should be LGPL-3
+ COPYING.documentation contains a CC-3, not a LGPL
+ Is that an upstream mistake, is it reported?
- BSD should be Expat
- The second BSD-3-clause should be, e.g. BSD-3-clause-Kitware
- cmake/modules/GetGitRevisionDescription.* license is missing
- LGPL_EXCEPTION.txt must be expended
- .h and .cpp files way be “factorized” as .*
- src/mirall has other copyright holders, at least:
+ Daniel Molkentin <danimo at owncloud.com>
+ Markus Goetz <markus at woboq.com>
+ Thomas Mueller <thomas.mueller at tmit.eu>
- Typos and similar, on top of those already noted for debian/control:
- Shouldn’t those files contain at least two items a line?
- Are they of any use as is?
debian/patches is empty, useless, please drop it
- Why the upstream tarball needs to be repack?
- What does admin contain?
- “Remove stuff” is really not a useful comment
- Please consider using dfsg instead of +debian for the repack
- Do you really need to rename it?
- Please fix the dversionmangle in debian/watch
At least qtsingleapplication is already used by kadu, what does the KDE
team think about getting qtsingleapplication and qtlockedfile available
During the build, I guess at least the following error is not expected:
> dpkg-gensymbols: warning: some new symbols appeared in the symbols file: see diff output below
> dpkg-gensymbols: warning: debian/libowncloudsync0/DEBIAN/symbols doesn't match completely debian/libowncloudsync0.symbols
Lintian also gives two pointers:
> I: owncloud-client: desktop-entry-lacks-keywords-entry usr/share/applications/owncloud.desktop
> E: libowncloudsync0: symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision on symbol _ZN6Mirall14oCICredentialsD1Ev at Base and 1 others
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Pkg-owncloud-maintainers