[pkg-php-pear] Let's reconsider the way Symfony2 Components are packaged for Debian
math.parent at gmail.com
Sun May 25 09:21:32 UTC 2014
Hi David, hi all,
2014-05-24 16:13 GMT+02:00 "David Prévot" <david at tilapin.org>:
> Great. I have no idea how to handle multiple composer.json files with
> dh_phpcomposer yet,
Why do you need this? This is not supported by composer itself.
> and I wish we could use the Composer parser instead of
> implementing our own in dh_phpcomposer, but those are two orthogonal
This will lead to a bootstrap problem, as composer is packaged using
composer, with half-a-dozen dependencies.
And: what will this add? The json format is cleanly documented.
> I have no deep knowledge on pkg-php-tools, but had to hack it a little bit
> recently, and Mathieu follows the list, so this list is probably the best
> place to follow up anyway.
Taking about it, I'm currently re-writing pkg-php-tools (almost) from
scratch, with the following goals:
- having a readable code, using php >= 5.3 features (exceptions,
namespaces, autoload, spl, ...)
- test-driven development and 100% code coverage
- clean dependencies handling (including overrides)
- stable API of the /usr/bin/pkgtools binary
- backward compatible
- fix the php5-json bootstrap problem
- Improving composer support
- Adding composer autoload support (using /usr/share/php/vendor directory)
- work with other distributions to make it the reference
- rewrite phppear support without the PEAR dependency
Will release this new code under the Expat license.
More information about the pkg-php-pear