[pkg-php-pear] RFC: php-http-discovery package

David Prévot david at tilapin.org
Thu Oct 1 10:41:11 BST 2026


Hi László,

On 9/27/26 11:22, László Böszörményi (GCS) wrote:
[…]> How can I provide the double 'php-' part of the binary package name
> that 'composer' will look for? I understand that I have to provide an
> override file that I already have.

Your debian/overrides/php-http-discovery looks fine, and looks like it 
will correctly be installed inside /usr/share/pkg-php-tools/overrides.

> Probably with a bad syntax, at
> least dpkg still can't find the php-php-http-discovery virtual package
> name.
It’s actually the other way around: once (php-http-discovery is 
installed and) /usr/share/pkg-php-tools/overrides/php-http-discovery is 
present, dh_phpcomposer will “translate” the php-http/discovery Composer 
dependency into php-http-discovery (instead of php-php-http-discovery) 
among ${phpcomposer:Debian-require} (i.e., when you build the package 
that (build-)depends on php-http-discovery).

Note that the package you shared does not build-depend on 
dh-sequence-phpcomposer and does not use phpabtpl to handle the autoload 
template.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPHPGroup/Composer was written a few 
years ago, is probably outdated and incomplete, but may still be a 
starting point to answer some of your questions. A look at recently 
uploaded packages may fill the gap between what was written back then 
and the current practices.

HTH.

Regards,

taffit



More information about the pkg-php-pear mailing list