aluaces at udc.es
Wed Mar 7 14:32:52 UTC 2018
in the way of packaging the rakudo debugger module, I discovered that it
depends on another one, Terminal::AnsiColor.
Since it is a very simple module, I went to package it first. Following
the indications of the zef thread, I just used the "install-dist.pl"
utility shipped with rakudo, copying it into debian/.
The module compiles and installs just fine ("perl6 example.pl"
succeeds). I have some questions, however:
- In the end, the precompiled binaries are what is distributed in the
binary package. I suspect they are architecture-independent, but I'm
not sure: are they?
- The sources of the module are not present in the final binary package.
Should I copy them to a given directory? Will them be interesting to
have for debugging purposes?
- I'm also not sure about the name of the package, is it correct?
- Somehow "pod2man" does not do a good job when trying to generate a man
page from the sources.
- I don't know how to make this module dependent on the exact version of
rakudo used to build it, nor when the compatibility is broken (is that
I have placed the repo at
More information about the Pkg-rakudo-devel