[DRE-maint] Ruby-full, what next ?

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Tue Jan 16 18:03:26 CET 2007

On 16/01/07 at 12:11 +0100, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   Hello Paul,
> Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> > Well, I have not really any objections but the current state of affairs
> > was carefully negotiated at the time. This negotiation also included
> > meta-pkgs such as this one and the bundling of stdlib.
> > I am fine with the package (although it feels a bit strange it's the
> > only one without a ruby1.8-variant), but I would prefer if you'd confer
> > with the Ruby interpreter team just a bit, since this concerns them 
> > mostly.
> > 
> >>   What I just need now is a sponsor, as I'm not a DD (yet). I also need
> >> to talk to the release managers, but I might get them to accept it.
> > 
> > If the Ruby interpreter guys are OK with all this, I can sponsor.
>   It has been two weeks now, and I got no news from the ruby package
> guys. Would you agree to upload ? Time is counting down before release
> of etch (probably too slowly, though ;-)...

I missed part of the discussion, but how does your proposal compare with
the libruby-extras package ?

Also, it's probably too late for etch anyway: you'd still have to go
through NEW first. I think it's better to wait until everybody agrees on
something, and not upload too fast.
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |

More information about the Pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers mailing list