[DRE-maint] Redmine package uploaded
rnhurt at kangaroobox.com
Mon Aug 11 20:48:03 UTC 2008
I've uploaded the initial, draft, don't-laugh-at-me-it's-my-first-ever
package for Redmine to the pkg-ruby-extras SVN repository. Please
take a look and let me know what you think.
- The whole package; it probably so messed up it will format your
- Soft linking things that don't belong in /usr/share. I have moved
the files/ and log/ directories, but config/ and public/ probably need
to go to /var/lib as well.
- The rules file is still pretty ugly, but it works.
- I need a clean process for:
- downloading the latest SVN from upstream
- diff'ing between the versions
- building the package
- updating pkg-ruby-extras
Building this package has forced me to think about RoR apps in general
and where the fit into Debian. According to the rules /usr/share is
for things that don't change between installs and /var is for things
that do. With most of the app being outside resources (Rails, Vendor,
etc.) and very little actually living in /usr/share, does it make
sense to have anything in /usr/share? I tried to move config/ to a
soft-link but it didn't like it very well. I'm just wondering what
else will go wrong when/if I soft-link more things out to /var. Or is
soft-linking the wrong way to go? Hmm...
More information about the Pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers