[Pkg-rust-maintainers] Bug#1147372: rust-coreutils regressed in reproducibility

Jochen Sprickerhof jspricke at debian.org
Fri Sep 11 13:16:21 BST 2026


* Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org> [2026-09-11 14:08]:
>Le 11/09/2026 à 13:51, Jochen Sprickerhof a écrit :
>>rust-coreutils in unstable can't migrate to testing because the QA
>>infrastructure couldn't reproduce the binary packages in unstable while
>>it could reproduce the version in testing [1, 2].
>>
>>Feel free to reach out if you need help debugging the problem.
>>Alternatively you can ask the release team for an exception [3].
>>
>I think it is because I am using PGO builds.

Ah, I had missed that in the changelog, that sounds right.

>How can i work around this?

By reverting the change. I am not aware of a way to make PGO 
reproducible.

Note that reproduce.debian.net tries to reproduce the .deb that is 
distributed by Debian so we can't just disable it in the rebuild as it 
would still not be reproducible.

Cheers Jochen
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-rust-maintainers/attachments/20260911/7ea2e3df/attachment.sig>


More information about the Pkg-rust-maintainers mailing list