[Pkg-rust-maintainers] Bug#1148000: libsequoia-octopus-librnp: thunderbird 153 does not decrypt emails

Gabriel Filion lelutin at torproject.org
Tue Sep 15 23:14:24 BST 2026


Package: libsequoia-octopus-librnp
Version: 1.11.1-10
Severity: important

Hello!

I've recently started having issues with decrypting emails. thunderbird 
was recently (september 8th, so 7 days ago) upgraded to 153.2.0. I 
believe my issues started around the time of that upgrade.

In thunderbird's error console, I can see error messages when I try to 
open an email that's pgp-encrypted. I'm attaching a screenshot of the 
error console in case it can be useful for debugging. When that happens, 
thunderbird does not mark the email as read.

Cheers!

-- System Information:
Debian Release: forky/sid
   APT prefers unstable
   APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 7.1.13+deb14-amd64 (SMP w/16 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=en_CA.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_CA.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE 
not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages libsequoia-octopus-librnp depends on:
ii  libc6           2.43-5
ii  libgcc-s1       16.2.0-2
ii  libgmp10        2:6.3.0+dfsg-5+b2
ii  libhogweed6t64  3.10.2-1+b1
ii  libnettle8t64   3.10.2-1+b1
ii  libsqlite3-0    3.53.4-2

Versions of packages libsequoia-octopus-librnp recommends:
ii  zenity  4.2.2-1

Versions of packages libsequoia-octopus-librnp suggests:
ii  thunderbird  1:153.2.0esr-1

-- no debconf information
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Screenshot From 2026-09-15 18-10-29.png
Type: image/png
Size: 225098 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-rust-maintainers/attachments/20260915/dc71dcef/attachment-0001.png>


More information about the Pkg-rust-maintainers mailing list