[Pkg-salt-team] resolution of init.d script and uploading of 0.16.3
joehealy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 12:12:02 UTC 2013
Hi Martin and others,
I'm keen to get 0.16.3 uploaded.
To do so, I see the following tasks remaining:
1) resolution of init script lintian warning
2) clean up of init scripts (#692066)
3) importing of 0.16.3
4) overriding of manpage-has-errors-from-man lintian error
Of these, I think that items 3 and 4 are uncontroversial.
Item 1 can be resolved with only the removal of the
. /lib/init/vars.sh line.
Item 2 is still open. I see a number of ways forward with this one:
1) Upload as the repository is now.
2) Backout the "clean up" changes and just leave the vars.sh removal
3) Further modifications.
a) removal of VERBOSE checking for consistency in start stop stanzas
b) use of lsb standard functions
My preferred way forward is 3a as it should result in a cleaner
script, but I am open to take any of these approaches.
Is there an approach you would be happy to upload?
Thanks very much,
More information about the pkg-salt-team